Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: King Rat

King Rat King Rat by James Clavell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm pretty sure I meant to read the other King Rat novel and acquired this one by accident. Amazing! I couldn't ask for a better accident. I flew through this and proceeded to tell everyone I work with how great it is. The characters are developed with such care and quality that each one feels real. Usually books have a collection of traits that they throw around. "This person will be smart and nerdy with dark hair and glasses" "This person will be tall and mysterious" but the nerdy guy can't be mysterious, ect. ect. Each person in this book shared qualities, and neither were good nor bad. They are all prisoners trying to survive the best way they can. Even what you could consider a minor twist at the end was presented so perfectly. We are who we choose to be. My favorite part was the bit about the dog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment