Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: Grant

Grant Grant by Ron Chernow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My favorite part of biographies are the deaths.

This one starts with Grant dying, and it ends with him dying, so this was even better. The civil war was exciting. I was in suspense the whole time. Something really cool was when Grant sat down on a tree stump to do some thinking and it made me remember the title of a book from when I was little - Highlight's Best Board Games from Around the World.

The parts about Grant being President up until his death later on really slumped for me. I have no interest in racism and American History when it comes to whites and blacks. I know it happened, but it's not an interesting subject to me. I enjoyed the Lincoln Assassination in this book. Maybe I'm a sick individual. What really got me about it was just how deep the plot went and how Grant was also a target. I always pictured it as some one man split-second decision type of deal.

All in all, despite dragging a bit later on, I thought this was a wonderfully written book and Ron Chernow is my biography go-to guy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment