Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: I Am C-3PO: The Inside Story

I Am C-3PO: The Inside Story I Am C-3PO: The Inside Story by Anthony Daniels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Anthony Daniels is one of those often overlooked people who are actually overly entertaining. He easily takes over any panel or interview he is involved with almost as much as the word 'over' has domineered this review so far.

I am C-3PO is great on multiple levels. It give us insight on the actor himself who I'm sure most people didn't realize was actually trained in theater. He's not a random guy in a robot suit in a movie that by chance made it big. Then we also get details on the movies themselves. What shooting them was like. What happened behind the scenes. How they made Luke's vehicle float on Tatooine. The book is filled with Daniel's comedic wit. One thing I will point out is that is was written and released prior to Rise of Skywalker coming out. I feel like those that have seen that film will feel differently about how Daniel's ended the book, or the stories from his final day of shooting.

Daniels is a treat and hopefully he writes more. I'm sure Anthony, of all people, has much more to say. He deserves it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment