Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: Benjamin Franklin: An American Life

Benjamin Franklin: An American Life Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Benjamin Franklin never struck me as someone I wanted to read about. He popped in and out of other things I had read in the past. Usually a mere mention. I found myself struggling to find something to do during work hours and thought this was a big enough book to fill the gap.

It blows my mind that Benjamin Franklin was not just the key and kite guy. There were so many other scientific progresses made by him that I'm surprised he's not talked about more in school. His family life was intriguing, especially his relationship with his son the loyalist and then his grandson. Then of course there's the founding of our country and Ben's hand and influence on it. Franklin really seemed to do what he wanted with is life, wherever it would take him. He was very quick witted and always willing to put up an argument for what he thought was right.

This is an amazing person who is often a side character to the larger story of our nation. I would much rather be celebrating Ben Franklin day than President's Day. Great Book by Isaacson and highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment