Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend

I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend by Martin Short
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a fan of Martin Short although I couldn't tell you why. I was born too late to appreciate most of his comedy. I never saw him on SNL. Most movies he was in where he was considered great are from before I was born..except for of course Father of the Bride. I hate Jiminy Glick. But I appreciate Martin Short. I did love his Netflix special with Steve Martin, for example. This book peaked my interest and I loved hearing not only of Martin's life but that of all the other comedy legends he was around with. I had no clue that he dated Gilda Radner! Martin's life wasn't all laughs. There are great moments of sadness as well. I was also shocked at how he humanized other "famous" people. Steve Martin calling Paparazzi bastards sticks out in my mind. It's Steve Martin! He can't use that language!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment