Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: A Kind of Mirraculas Paradise: A True Story About Schizophrenia

A Kind of Mirraculas Paradise: A True Story About Schizophrenia A Kind of Mirraculas Paradise: A True Story About Schizophrenia by Sandy Allen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As someone who suffers from a form of this disease, I found this book great but also difficult at the same time. While you have to understand that a biography based on the writing of someone with...I'll use the word delusions here ... should be taken with a grain of salt, it is so entirely real. Our realities our own, whether or not it happened.

Like Sandra's uncle, I've been in a mental hospital. I've been in prison. I've moved tons of places and struggled with keeping jobs for long periods of times. I'd like to think I've overcome my struggling but I'm still all to aware of my issues.

I'm glad for the fact that we get to share in Bob's life story. It rushes by at the end, which is my only dislike of the manuscript.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment